Call Meeting to Order
Meeting was called to order at 5:30 pm by Christian Westphal in the Cloudcroft Community Center outside the main entrance to the library. CDC requirements for social distancing and required masks were in practice. Members present: Christian Westphal (Chairperson), Jean Neumann (Co-chair), Paula Dowding (Secretary), Lisa Wojcik (Library Director), Steph Snedden, Joan Nussbaum, Joyce Komraus
Approval of minutes from September 3rd meeting were reviewed and
The Library Director’s Report was given by Lisa Wojcik: Village financial report and MNPL report
The list of Board Members contact information was corrected.
- Committee recommendations for changes to update the Mission, Vision, and Values Statements were shared via handouts. Changes were discussed and ideas were shared on how to provide the community with library information and connection via the Internet:
- Bookmarks containing library information available to patrons in the library
- Provide a link to the library via the websites of the Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Cloudcroft
- Suggestions were made for newspapers and magazines (hard copy) available to visiting patrons:
- Newspapers – Cloudcroft Mountain Monthly, Alamogordo Daily News, El Paso Times, Albuquerque Journal, and USA
- Magazines – New York Times, Discovery, Scientific American, Atlantic Monthly, Outside r, Parenting, and Highlights
- Monthly Library Board of Directors meeting was changed to the first Thursday of each month at 5:00 *Du e to New Year’s holiday, the January meeting will occur on the 2nd Thursday.
- A suggestion was made to try conducting Zoom meetings for those unable to attend any meeting in person.
Meeting adjourned at 6:20 pm