The Michael Nivison Public Library
Village of Cloudcroft
P.O. Box 515
90 Swallow Place
Cloudcroft, New Mexico 88317-0515
Library Board of Directors
July 1, 2021
- The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by Chairman Christian
In accordance ·with CDC Guidelines, masks were worn and we were appropriately separated. Present were Joyce Komraus, Steph Snedden, Joan Nussbaum, Lisa Wojcik, Christian Westphal and on Zoom was Jean Neuman. Joan offered to take the minutes.
- A motion to approve the minutes from our January meeting was made by Joan Nussbaum and then seconded by Steph Snedden.
The Library Director’s report was presented by Lisa Wojcik:
The number of library users is moving up and the new ” Books on Line ” is successful.
- New Business:
- Christian gave us the news that Paula Dowding has resigned. She is moving to Albuquerque and will be traveling. Hannah Dean, from the Cloudcroft area, has volunteered to fill the position. She will submit a letter of application to the village Council and will await approval at the next council meeting.
- Steph Snedden brought up the idea of contracting the Cloudcroft School District to volunteer for after-school tutoring in the library. There is a cadre of tutors that would volunteer as they already are working with students online. It was decided that Steph would pursue the idea and report back to the library director.
- With no further discussion, Steph Snedden made the motion to adjourn which Joyce Komraus seconded. The meeting adjourned at 5:30 pm.