March 7, 2023
Minutes of the WORK SESSION of the Governing Body for the Village of Cloudcroft, held on Tuesday, March 7, 2023, at 5:30 p.m. in the council chambers, 201 Burro Ave, Cloudcroft, NM.
Mayor William Denney, called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m., with the following Governing Body members present: Trustee James Maynard, Trustee Mitchell, and Trustee Gail McCoy, providing a quorum. Mayor Pro Tern-John Tieman not present.
Staff/Guests present: Barbara Garcia, Clerk; Hannah Dean; Grover Sterling; Susan Maynard; Craig Turner; Tabitha Foster; Vicki Wiley; Roberta & Eric Haecker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
The pledge of allegiance to the United States and New Mexico flags was led by Mayor Denney.
TOPIC OF WORK SESSION
Q&A for VOC Trustee Position. Mayor Denney advised that there would be no action taken at the meeting. Trustee Candidates were asked to wait outside the room until called and then would be interviewed with the same questions for each candidate. Candidates were advised that current trustees would then make a decision on appointment from interviewed candidates at the March 14, 2023 council meeting.
Candidates were interviewed with the following questions:
- Why do you wish to be considered as a nominee for Trustee?
- What do you feel you can bring to this role?
- What experience do you have that would qualify you to be a Trustee?
- Have you ever worked for the government and in what capacity?
- When did you make Cloudcroft your home, why?
- How will you measure the success of the people in this position?
- Everyone has a personal agenda, what is yours and how would you pursue it?
- How would you prioritize the Municipal Governments responsibilities to the Residents, Tourists and Business interests?
- Have you attended any Village Council meetings. What was your interest at these meetings?
- Are you prepared for the extra time and responsibilities that this takes? Are you willing to sacrifice family time and weekends and even take off work to dedicate yourself to this position?
- Where do you live?
Candidates were interviewed in the following line up:
1. Grover Sterling
2. Hanna Dean
3. Tabitha Foster
4. Vicki Wiley
5. Craig Turner