Minutes of the Public Hearing of the Governing Body for the Village of Cloudcroft, held on Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 5:30 p.m., in the Village Council Chambers, 201 Burro Avenue, Cloudcroft, NM.
Mayor William M. Denney called the meeting to order at 5:36 p.m. with the following Council members providing a full Quorum:
- Trustee -John Tieman -absent
- Trustee -James Maynard -present
- Trustee -George Mitchell -present
- Trustee -Gail McCoy-present
The following Village staff and guests were present: Barbara K. Garcia, Village Clerk/Treasurer; Nathan Tompkins,
Planning & Zoning. Angelo & Jane lnfanti, Chance Young, Susan Maynard, self (Item #1)
The pledge of allegiance to the US and NM flags was led by Mayor William M. Denney.(Item #2)
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
Mayor Denney entertained a motion to approve the Agenda for the Public Hearing of February 14, 2023. Trustee Maynard made such motion, Trustee Mitchell seconded the motion and upon vote of Trustees McCoy, Maynard and Mitchell all voting “aye” the motion carried unanimously. (Item #3)
Re-Zone Request #CZR-2023-01 Angelo and Jane Inf anti for their property located at 301 Chipmunk Ave. Request to
change current zone of T-1 (Tourist Lodging) to R-2 (Residential, multiple dwellings).
PUBLIC HEARING PROCESS EXPLAINED:
1. For the purpose of this meeting, parties are identified as (I) Angelo & Jane Infanti, owner of the property; (2) Nathan Tompkins, Planning & Zoning (3) Barbara K Garcia, Village Clerk/Treasurer. The Mayor may designate other persons as parties if they can show to the satisfaction of the Governing Body that they have an immediate, pecuniary or direct interest in the outcome of the hearing. Witnesses are those persons designated by parties to present testimony on their behalf Are there any other persons present that wish to be considered as a party? NONE
2. Are there any members of the Governing Body who have a coriflict of interest? Mayor
Denney advised he lived within 100 feet of the property.
3. Has there been any outside or ex-parte communications by any of the Governing Body
4. Swearing in of all parties. ALL PARTIES WERE SWORN IN BY VILLAGE CLERK,
BARBARA K. GARCIA
5. Applicant’s Presentation: NONE
* Staff may cross-examine the applicant. NONE
* Any other parties who wish to cross-examine the applicant. NONE
6. Staffs Presentation: Nathan Tompkins explained that Planning & Zoning were making recommendations to change zone due to hardship. Property is being considered commercial zone and this is creating hardship in having property appraised for sale.
* Commission questions to the staff. NONE
* Applicant may cross-examine the staff. NONE
* Other parties may cross-examine the staff. NONE (Item #4)
Approval or Disapproval of Zoning Request #CZR-2023-01
Trustee Mitchell made a motion to approve Zoning Request #CZR-2023-01. Trustee McCoy seconded the motion to
approve, and upon vote of Trustees McCoy, Maynard and Mitchell all voting “aye” the motion carried unanimously.
ADJOURNMENT: Mayor Denney called for a motion to adjourn the meeting of February 14, 2023, Trustee Mitchell made such motion, with the meeting being adjourned at 5:45 p.m. (Item #5)