Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
Minutes of the Special Council Meeting of the Governing Body for the Village of Cloudcroft, held on Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 2:00 p.m., in the Village Council Chambers, 201 Burro Avenue, Cloudcroft, NM.
- Call to Order: Mayor Denney called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m., with the following Council
members providing a full quorum: Present/Absent:
Trustee / Mayor William Denney -present
Trustee I Mayor Pro-Tern Tieman -present
Trustee -Jim Maynard -present
Trustee -Gail McCoy -present
Trustee -George Mitchell -present
The following Village staff and guests were present: Barbara K. Garcia, Clerk; Jubal Hall; Kevin Summers; VOC, Roberta & Eric Haecker, Karen Hagar, Tabitha Foster, Brianna Jonnes; self, Pam Webber, Chuck Wilson, Robert Price; ASA Architects
- Pledge of Allegiance: The pledge of allegiance to the United States and New Mexico flags was led by Mayor Denney.
Pledge of Allegiance
“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
Salute to the Flag of New Mexico
“I salute the flag of the State of New Mexico, the Zia symbol of perfect friendship among united cultures.”
- Approval of Agenda: Mayor Denney called for a motion to approve the agenda of the Special Meeting for November 29, 2022. Trustee Tieman made a motion to approve the agenda as revised with the architect’s name. Trustee McCoy seconded. Vote as follows: Trustee Maynard, for; Trustee McCoy, for; Trustee Tieman, for, Trustee Mitchell, for. Motion carried unanimously.
- New Business: Update on Recreation Grant E-2648 Multi-Use Facility Design Completion -ASAArchitects. Robert Price with ASA Architects gave an update on the Multi-Use Facility and received confirmation on several questions,
• Requirement for liquidated damages -Carrizal to check with State Project Manager
• Order wage rates -Garcia/Carrizal to check with State Project Manager
• Job sign -Carrizal to check with State Project Manager
• Existing Zamboni building, who will move? Village
• Clarified we must have retaining wall, will check on material for railing
• Skate building to be moved by vendor
• Vendor to rough in water and relocate skate building
• No perimeter curb on new construction
• Perimeter insulation -add in bid as alternative
• Sealed concrete floor with FRP & Painted walls in bathroom
• Concrete floor to be clear
• Sign on building -relocate the existing sign
• Toiletries and fixtures in bathroom -porcelain fixtures, village to purchase.
• Standing seam roof
• Rock excavation -$10,000 allowance
• Dirt work -add in bid as alternative
• Council made aware of material price increase on steel roof
• Metal building lead time 30+ weeks
• Utilities -Electrical by hour with contractor, Water to be done by Village
• Electrical-no temporary on-site during construction
• Village to call OCEC at time of cut off for service
• 200-amp service with no pedestals
• LED lighting with cold weather start
• Restroom lighting vandal resistance
• B Block retaining wall 6 ft high
• Walking path in park will be obstructed by building
• Water service line needs to be upgraded to 2inch line -village to do
• Sewer line to be moved by contractor, village to abandon old manhole
Trustee McCoy made a motion to desist the project and move forward with renovation of the existing Ice Rink. Mayor Denney called for a second, with no second the motion dies for lack of second.
Robert Price informed of 367 cubic yards of excavation and 4451 cubic yards of fill. He suggested 10% overage for pricing. The bid will be worked up and ready to go out the first week of January 2023.
Trustee Mitchell made a motion to go out to bid when the documents are ready. Trustee Maynard seconded. Vote as follows: Trustee Maynard, for; Trustee McCoy, for; Trustee Tieman, for, Trustee Mitchell, for. Motion carried unanimously.
- Adjournment: Trustee Mitchell made a motion to adjourn the Special Meeting of November 29, 2022. Trustee Tieman seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 4:34 p.m.