The Village of Cloudcroft, NM is accepting applications for one (1) position of Accounting & Payroll Clerk. Applicants must be computer literate with the ability to learn accounting software. Position works with Village Clerk to ensure proper accounting and reporting of payroll and Village revenues and expenditures. The Village of Cloudcroft offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
Applications will be received until the position is filled. For more information, call Shae Hemphill, Chief Deputy Clerk, at 575-682-2411 ext. 5, or visit the Village Office located at 201 Burro, Cloudcroft, NM.
This is a government office that sometimes deals in stressful situations. Assisting customers is always the priority of all Village office employees. Additional shared responsibilities include opening the office, going to post office and bank, distributing the mail to appropriate departments, posting meeting notices, receipting income and balancing cash drawers, answering the phones, preparing work orders for the maintenance crew, closing the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Review timesheets and ensure accurate time ensuring time is reported based on actual time worked and through the employee self-service computer system.
- Process payroll including all payroll associated reports and payments. – including PERA reports, Federal Deposits and Quarterly Payroll Reporting
- Review invoices & purchase orders; allocate purchases to appropriate budget line items
- Process invoices & checks; and prepare Misc. 1099.
- Monthly bank statement reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Village Council and assist with quarterly reports for DFA
- Assist auditors with locating documents and records for annual financial audit.
- GRT Distribution,
- Combined Fuel Tax Distribution
- Property Tax Distribution
- MVD Distribution.
- Monthly Water Conservation Fee Reports.
- Monthly bill for Art Society and Ice Rink Utilities
- W2’s and 1099’s
- Assist with the development of the annual operating budget for the Village; enter budget information in fund accounting software and assist in state required format for submission to DFA.
Other Responsibilities or Job Requirements
- Completes personal timesheet accurately and timely. Ensures time is reported based on actual time worked and thru the employee self-service computer system
- May respond to questions from public regarding water shutoffs, water outages, and meter changes
- Attends meetings, trainings, and workshops as needed
- Ensures that any on-the job injury is reported immediately and followed up with appropriate forms and actions.
- Adheres to all Village of Cloudcroft Policies and Personnel Policies
- Ensure any reports of harassment are immediately reported.
- The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employees may perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time, driving or riding in vehicles.
- Light physical work requires lifting items up to 15+/- pounds; balancing, bending, pushing, pulling, reach above shoulder height.
- Routinely works inside.
- Ability to drive, occasionally long distances.
- Ability to work in stressful environment and deal effectively with stress.
Limited travel includes ability to travel for activities such as classes, and workshops in and out of the service area, occasional overnight travel as required.
Licenses and/or Certifications
Must possess and maintain valid New Mexico motor vehicle operator’s license of appropriate classification and endorsement as required.
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prefer experience is AP/AR and/or Payroll
- Must be able to pass criminal history checks, be willing to take and pass a drug/alcohol test and comply with Village “Drug Free” Policy.
- Must agree to maintain a satisfactory MVR and minimum requirement of insurability as required by law. MV background checks will be conducted by the Village of Cloudcroft on an ongoing basis.
- Accounting & Payroll experience.
- Customer service and communications skills.
- Typing and ten-key adding machines with accuracy and at least moderate speed. Computer literate, with experience in Windows programming, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- General knowledge of the Village of Cloudcroft and the surrounding mountain area.